H ace was driving about 10 years to the RCTV channel which recorded my first telenovela "Spoiled Girl" and played my first character name "MM", and was listening to the interview Radio did to a woman, who spoke of "Waterbirth" a new mode of delivery. She spoke of how this type of delivery reduced the traumatic effect it means for a child's birth. He talked about conscious motherhood and how women should take back our power to decide best for us our body and our children.
I've always admired the rebellion, I admire the courage to refuse to follow suit. One need not be very wise and very smart to realize that the world is not that wonderful place we thought of children and definitely something we are doing wrong because everything seems to get worse every day.
Perhaps, I thought at that time, everything starts there, in mommy's tummy.
Just around that time I made a chart gift which began: "You're a fighter from the beginning because I had to fight. You fought hard to be born"
I already knew the terrible story of my mother when I was born. A moment that should be beautiful was a nightmare. She was left alone, lasted 24 hours without food or drink. How could she get me forces the world? Anyway, usually in hospitals, an intimate moment of profound vulnerability, when she should be supported and understood, has become a situation where the woman has no say and must submit to the will of the specialists who have never and end up deciding calved for her what they consider the best ... and if we are sincere, what they say is not always better.
I had 10 years from that moment of revelation listening to this interview to see, hear, ask and decide that, as usually happened, what was normal for others, not working for me. That joke would not have my son in a conventional clinic unless there was a complication and that the birth of my son I would be awake and alert like him. I was not going to bring the world drugged by anesthesia, they were going to get excited and loving hands of their parents, not a stranger dressed in green from head to toe as if my boy was a virus, their first birth would be my chest and I, like all female of my species and all species have the strength to give birth to my baby. My mother and my grandmother's spirit that gave birth to 7 children were going to hold my hand and my first words to him would be: "Welcome ".... and so it was.
I've always admired the rebellion, I admire the courage to refuse to follow suit. One need not be very wise and very smart to realize that the world is not that wonderful place we thought of children and definitely something we are doing wrong because everything seems to get worse every day.
Perhaps, I thought at that time, everything starts there, in mommy's tummy.
Just around that time I made a chart gift which began: "You're a fighter from the beginning because I had to fight. You fought hard to be born"
I already knew the terrible story of my mother when I was born. A moment that should be beautiful was a nightmare. She was left alone, lasted 24 hours without food or drink. How could she get me forces the world? Anyway, usually in hospitals, an intimate moment of profound vulnerability, when she should be supported and understood, has become a situation where the woman has no say and must submit to the will of the specialists who have never and end up deciding calved for her what they consider the best ... and if we are sincere, what they say is not always better.
I had 10 years from that moment of revelation listening to this interview to see, hear, ask and decide that, as usually happened, what was normal for others, not working for me. That joke would not have my son in a conventional clinic unless there was a complication and that the birth of my son I would be awake and alert like him. I was not going to bring the world drugged by anesthesia, they were going to get excited and loving hands of their parents, not a stranger dressed in green from head to toe as if my boy was a virus, their first birth would be my chest and I, like all female of my species and all species have the strength to give birth to my baby. My mother and my grandmother's spirit that gave birth to 7 children were going to hold my hand and my first words to him would be: "Welcome ".... and so it was.
0 comments:
Post a Comment